Warm Sunday in Delhi, Monday to be same
New Delhi: Delhi residents will not have to sit close to the bonfire while celebrating Lohri Sunday evening as it was another warm day with both maximum and minimum temperatures above average. The met office forecast similar weather for Monday.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures were 22.9 degrees Celsius and 9.4 degrees Celsius, respectively -- both two notches above average for this time of the season," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
However, owing to fog conditions during morning in the northern region, 18 trains got delayed and 11 trains were cancelled, a Northern Railway spokesman said.
"The morning will be chilly tomorrow morning (Monday) with a light veil of mist but the day will be clear and sunny. The maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 22 and 8 degrees Celsius, respectively," said the IMD official.
Saturday`s maximum temperature was five notches above average at 25.2 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 7.7 degrees Celsius - average for this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'