Warrant against approver in Mishra murder case
New Delhi: Final argument commenced in the 37-year-old assassination case of former railway minister Lalit Narayan Mishra Wednesday in a Delhi court followed by issuance of a fresh bailable warrant against an approver. Mishra was killed in a 1975 bomb attack in Bihar.
Additional District Judge Vinod Goel issued bailable warrant against Vikram, who was named as an accused in the case by probe agency, who later turned approver in the case.
The warrant was issued after defence counsel Seema Gulati told the court that his presence is also required during final argument in the case.
The court had earlier also issued a bailable warrant against him, which could not be served. The court has directed that warrant be sent to all his addresses given by Vikram to Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Meanwhile, the public prosecutor advanced his argument in the case and apprised the court that the accused involved in the case belong to `Anand Marg`, an organisation, which turned violent against government policy.
"Anand Marg got violent and started opposing ongoing government policy after 1960," said the public prosecutor.
He apprised court about the formation of Anand Marg and the activities that organisation was involved.
"Anand Marg created a cadre against the government policy terming it as corrupt and immoral practice," the prosecutor said.
Mishra was killed after a bomb blast at a function at Samastipur Railway station in Bihar Jan 3, 1975. CBI had chargesheeted five accused including Ranjan Dwivedi. Mishra, injured in the attack, died in hospital the next day.
One of the accused had died. The other three accused are Ananda Marg members - Santoshanand Avadhuta, Sudevananda Avadhuta and Gopalji.
The accused had approached the Supreme Court seeking quashing of the trial against them in the murder case. The apex court had dismissed their plea on the ground that the proceedings could not be terminated merely because they had not been concluded in the past 37 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes