We are united, say Delhi BJP leaders; Harsh Vardhan skips meet
New Delhi: Grappling with infightings and factionalism ahead of the assembly polls, Delhi BJP on Wednesday tried to put up a united face with almost all senior leaders coming on a common platform and resolving to work together to oust the Congress government.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel, Leader of opposition V K Malhotra, former city unit president Vijender Gupta, former Mayor Arti Mehra and senior party functionary Vijay Jolly addressed a joint press conference and said they will work together to remove the Congress government which is in power for last 15 years.
However, senior party leader Harsh Vardhan, whose name has been doing the rounds as party`s chief Ministerial candidate, was not present in the press conference.
"The party is united and has geared up for the up-coming Delhi state assembly elections. We are ready to take on the Congress," Goel said.
Listing preparation of the party for the election, he said Delhi Unit will send the first list of probable candidates to the central leadership by September 15.
"We will give tickets to winnable candidates who could give a tough fight to their opponents. We want to complete the process of selecting candidates at the earliest. The first list of probable candidates will be sent to central leadership by September 15," he said.
Asked about absence of Vardhan in the press conference, Goel said it was not always possible for all leaders to be present at all the functions.
The Delhi BJP has been facing the problem of factionalism as a number of senior leaders had conveyed unhappiness to party leadership over style of functioning of Goel, complaining that he was trying to sideline them.
Sources said party`s Delhi Election in-charge Nitin Gadkari had given a message to all the leaders asking them to leave behind their differences and work unitedly to ensure party`s victory in the assembly polls slated for November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly