We are united, say Delhi BJP leaders; Harsh Vardhan skips meet
New Delhi: Grappling with infightings and factionalism ahead of the assembly polls, Delhi BJP on Wednesday tried to put up a united face with almost all senior leaders coming on a common platform and resolving to work together to oust the Congress government.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel, Leader of opposition V K Malhotra, former city unit president Vijender Gupta, former Mayor Arti Mehra and senior party functionary Vijay Jolly addressed a joint press conference and said they will work together to remove the Congress government which is in power for last 15 years.
However, senior party leader Harsh Vardhan, whose name has been doing the rounds as party`s chief Ministerial candidate, was not present in the press conference.
"The party is united and has geared up for the up-coming Delhi state assembly elections. We are ready to take on the Congress," Goel said.
Listing preparation of the party for the election, he said Delhi Unit will send the first list of probable candidates to the central leadership by September 15.
"We will give tickets to winnable candidates who could give a tough fight to their opponents. We want to complete the process of selecting candidates at the earliest. The first list of probable candidates will be sent to central leadership by September 15," he said.
Asked about absence of Vardhan in the press conference, Goel said it was not always possible for all leaders to be present at all the functions.
The Delhi BJP has been facing the problem of factionalism as a number of senior leaders had conveyed unhappiness to party leadership over style of functioning of Goel, complaining that he was trying to sideline them.
Sources said party`s Delhi Election in-charge Nitin Gadkari had given a message to all the leaders asking them to leave behind their differences and work unitedly to ensure party`s victory in the assembly polls slated for November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court