Website asked to remove blog against Sri Sri
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has ordered removal of objectionable blogs and remarks posted by a man against Art of Living (AoL) founder and spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Google`s website www.Blogger.Com.
While ordering removal of his "defamatory" blogs, Justice Manmohan Singh also restrained blogger Jitender Bagga from sending objectionable emails and publishing blogs on the website against the AoL founder.
The court order came on an NGO`s civil suit, seeking damages of over Rs 5 crore from the blogger and the website.
"It appears that the plaintiffs (NGO and its volunteers) have been able to make out a strong prima facie case for passing an ex-parte interim order. The balance of convenience also lies in favour the plaintiff and against the defendants (Bagga and the website).
In case, interim order is not passed, the plaintiffs will suffer irreparable loss and injury. Thus, till the next date, the defendant 2 (website) is directed to remove all defamatory contents about the plaintiffs posted by defendant 1 (Bagga) on website www.Blogger.Com," the court said.
"Bagga is restrained from sending any email or posting any material over the website which has a direct or indirect reference to the plaintiffs or the Art of Living Foundation or any member of AoL or His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar," the court said.
Filing a civil suit through its trustee Mahesh Gupta, the NGO Vyakti Vikas Kendra, India Public Charitable Trust has sought a damage of Rs 5.9 crore from Bagga and the website.
It alleged Bagga has created and published various materials against the volunteers of this NGO, which promotes spiritual, educational, cultural and social developmental activities and also runs the programme called AoL. It added Bagga has published materials against its founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and his family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation