Welcome Colony registers highest turnout at 89%
New Delhi: Welcome Colony has recorded the highest percentage of polling in the Delhi civic polls at 89 percent, while Sadh Nagar earned the dubious distinction of lowest turnout at 31 percent.
According to State Election Commission, a total of 55 percent of the 1.15 crore strong electorate cast their ballots in the polls held yesterday.
In East Delhi Corporation, Welcome Colony ward recorded the highest percentage for a single ward where 11 candidates were contesting. Sadh Nagar, where nine candidates contested, in South Delhi Corporation had the lowest turnout.
In North Delhi Corporation, the highest turnout was witnessed in Mongolpuri East (76 per cent) followed by Bhaktawarpur (69 per cent). The lowest turnout was in Saraswati Vihar (38 per cent) and Samaipur Badli (45 per cent).
Chawla ward was at the top in South Delhi Corporation area with 67 per cent polling followed by Bhati which polled 66 per cent. The lowest was in Sadh Nagar and RK Puram (36 per cent).
In East, Harsh Vihar with 66 per cent followed Welcome Colony in highest turnout while the lowest was in Ghondli (39 per cent) and Sonia Vihar (43 per cent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city