Welcome Colony registers highest turnout at 89%
New Delhi: Welcome Colony has recorded the highest percentage of polling in the Delhi civic polls at 89 percent, while Sadh Nagar earned the dubious distinction of lowest turnout at 31 percent.
According to State Election Commission, a total of 55 percent of the 1.15 crore strong electorate cast their ballots in the polls held yesterday.
In East Delhi Corporation, Welcome Colony ward recorded the highest percentage for a single ward where 11 candidates were contesting. Sadh Nagar, where nine candidates contested, in South Delhi Corporation had the lowest turnout.
In North Delhi Corporation, the highest turnout was witnessed in Mongolpuri East (76 per cent) followed by Bhaktawarpur (69 per cent). The lowest turnout was in Saraswati Vihar (38 per cent) and Samaipur Badli (45 per cent).
Chawla ward was at the top in South Delhi Corporation area with 67 per cent polling followed by Bhati which polled 66 per cent. The lowest was in Sadh Nagar and RK Puram (36 per cent).
In East, Harsh Vihar with 66 per cent followed Welcome Colony in highest turnout while the lowest was in Ghondli (39 per cent) and Sonia Vihar (43 per cent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason