Welcome Colony registers highest turnout at 89%
New Delhi: Welcome Colony has recorded the highest percentage of polling in the Delhi civic polls at 89 percent, while Sadh Nagar earned the dubious distinction of lowest turnout at 31 percent.
According to State Election Commission, a total of 55 percent of the 1.15 crore strong electorate cast their ballots in the polls held yesterday.
In East Delhi Corporation, Welcome Colony ward recorded the highest percentage for a single ward where 11 candidates were contesting. Sadh Nagar, where nine candidates contested, in South Delhi Corporation had the lowest turnout.
In North Delhi Corporation, the highest turnout was witnessed in Mongolpuri East (76 per cent) followed by Bhaktawarpur (69 per cent). The lowest turnout was in Saraswati Vihar (38 per cent) and Samaipur Badli (45 per cent).
Chawla ward was at the top in South Delhi Corporation area with 67 per cent polling followed by Bhati which polled 66 per cent. The lowest was in Sadh Nagar and RK Puram (36 per cent).
In East, Harsh Vihar with 66 per cent followed Welcome Colony in highest turnout while the lowest was in Ghondli (39 per cent) and Sonia Vihar (43 per cent).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'