Welcome Colony registers highest turnout at 89%
New Delhi: Welcome Colony has recorded the highest percentage of polling in the Delhi civic polls at 89 percent, while Sadh Nagar earned the dubious distinction of lowest turnout at 31 percent.
According to State Election Commission, a total of 55 percent of the 1.15 crore strong electorate cast their ballots in the polls held yesterday.
In East Delhi Corporation, Welcome Colony ward recorded the highest percentage for a single ward where 11 candidates were contesting. Sadh Nagar, where nine candidates contested, in South Delhi Corporation had the lowest turnout.
In North Delhi Corporation, the highest turnout was witnessed in Mongolpuri East (76 per cent) followed by Bhaktawarpur (69 per cent). The lowest turnout was in Saraswati Vihar (38 per cent) and Samaipur Badli (45 per cent).
Chawla ward was at the top in South Delhi Corporation area with 67 per cent polling followed by Bhati which polled 66 per cent. The lowest was in Sadh Nagar and RK Puram (36 per cent).
In East, Harsh Vihar with 66 per cent followed Welcome Colony in highest turnout while the lowest was in Ghondli (39 per cent) and Sonia Vihar (43 per cent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you