West Delhi: One injured as MCD truck catches fire
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man who was sitting on an MCD garbage lifting truck sustained severe burn injuries on Sunday when he came in contact with a high tension wire in Vikaspuri area of West Delhi.
Police said Manish, a resident of Uttam Nagar, came in contact with the wire on the moving truck following which the vehicle also caught fire.
The incident took place at around 12.30 pm near the DAV public school in Vikashpuri.
A spark erupted after Manish came in contact with the wire following which the truck also caught fire, said police.
Manish was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya hospital with 80 percent burn injuries and his condition is stated to be critical, police said.
Fire brigade officials said a fire tender was sent to the spot which doused the fire within half-an-hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation