West Delhi: One injured as MCD truck catches fire
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man who was sitting on an MCD garbage lifting truck sustained severe burn injuries on Sunday when he came in contact with a high tension wire in Vikaspuri area of West Delhi.
Police said Manish, a resident of Uttam Nagar, came in contact with the wire on the moving truck following which the vehicle also caught fire.
The incident took place at around 12.30 pm near the DAV public school in Vikashpuri.
A spark erupted after Manish came in contact with the wire following which the truck also caught fire, said police.
Manish was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya hospital with 80 percent burn injuries and his condition is stated to be critical, police said.
Fire brigade officials said a fire tender was sent to the spot which doused the fire within half-an-hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation
- Sakshi Malik announced brand ambassador of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign in Haryana
- 'Law & Order' actor Steven Hill dies at 94
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply