West Delhi: One injured as MCD truck catches fire
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man who was sitting on an MCD garbage lifting truck sustained severe burn injuries on Sunday when he came in contact with a high tension wire in Vikaspuri area of West Delhi.
Police said Manish, a resident of Uttam Nagar, came in contact with the wire on the moving truck following which the vehicle also caught fire.
The incident took place at around 12.30 pm near the DAV public school in Vikashpuri.
A spark erupted after Manish came in contact with the wire following which the truck also caught fire, said police.
Manish was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya hospital with 80 percent burn injuries and his condition is stated to be critical, police said.
Fire brigade officials said a fire tender was sent to the spot which doused the fire within half-an-hour.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader