Western Air Command hosts regional commanders’ conference
New Delhi: Western Air Command is playing host to a regional commanders’ conference at its Subroto Park headquarters here.
The two-day conference, which concludes today, is being presided over by Air Marshal N A K Browne, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, and is being attended by commanders of all formations under the Western Air Command and the Principal Staff Officers of Western Air Command.
On Tuesday, the conference began with the underlying theme – ‘ People First, Mission Always’. The mission statement of Western Air Command, saw Air Marshal Browne exhorting the commanders to focus on issues related to operational preparedness and development of operational infrastructure, induction of new equipment, safety – on ground, in air and of weapons and the welfare of air warriors as priority areas.
Addressing them, he said, “The IAF at present is in the process of undergoing a major transformation in various fields. As Western Air Command occupies an important place in this transformation drive the endeavour has to be speedy operationalisation of new induction with the commitment to preserve and maintain our equipment to the highest possible standards."
"The activation of Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) like Daulat-beg-Oldie, Fukche and the recent Nyoma has considerably enhanced the IAF’s operational envelope in supporting our ground forces in the Northern Areas,” he added.
He further added, “While each one of us has a unique responsibility for executing our mission professionally, the welfare of our men, who continue to remain our greatest assets, should remain our key priority area as regards their training and development needs as well as quality of life at work, and on the domestic front."
Discussions on concept of operations of Western Air Command, including operations in support of the three affiliated Army Commands and planning and effective use of resources would also form a part of the present Commanders’ conference.
The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik, also addressed WAC commanders on Tuesday.
Western Air Command of Indian Air Force is a unique Air Force formation as its area of operations extends from the world’s highest airfields in the Himalayas to the deserts of Rajasthan.
Western Air Command was raised as No.1 Operational Group on independence in 1947. In 1949, it was re-designated as an Operational Command. In 1962 this formation got its name ‘Western Air Command, IAF’. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal