Western Air Command hosts regional commanders’ conference
New Delhi: Western Air Command is playing host to a regional commanders’ conference at its Subroto Park headquarters here.
The two-day conference, which concludes today, is being presided over by Air Marshal N A K Browne, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, and is being attended by commanders of all formations under the Western Air Command and the Principal Staff Officers of Western Air Command.
On Tuesday, the conference began with the underlying theme – ‘ People First, Mission Always’. The mission statement of Western Air Command, saw Air Marshal Browne exhorting the commanders to focus on issues related to operational preparedness and development of operational infrastructure, induction of new equipment, safety – on ground, in air and of weapons and the welfare of air warriors as priority areas.
Addressing them, he said, “The IAF at present is in the process of undergoing a major transformation in various fields. As Western Air Command occupies an important place in this transformation drive the endeavour has to be speedy operationalisation of new induction with the commitment to preserve and maintain our equipment to the highest possible standards."
"The activation of Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) like Daulat-beg-Oldie, Fukche and the recent Nyoma has considerably enhanced the IAF’s operational envelope in supporting our ground forces in the Northern Areas,” he added.
He further added, “While each one of us has a unique responsibility for executing our mission professionally, the welfare of our men, who continue to remain our greatest assets, should remain our key priority area as regards their training and development needs as well as quality of life at work, and on the domestic front."
Discussions on concept of operations of Western Air Command, including operations in support of the three affiliated Army Commands and planning and effective use of resources would also form a part of the present Commanders’ conference.
The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik, also addressed WAC commanders on Tuesday.
Western Air Command of Indian Air Force is a unique Air Force formation as its area of operations extends from the world’s highest airfields in the Himalayas to the deserts of Rajasthan.
Western Air Command was raised as No.1 Operational Group on independence in 1947. In 1949, it was re-designated as an Operational Command. In 1962 this formation got its name ‘Western Air Command, IAF’. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says