Why Asaram still roaming free, asks Sharad Yadav in LS
New Delhi: JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav on Friday wondered in Lok Sabha as to why Asaram Bapu was still roaming free and has not been arrested despite rape charges slapped against him.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Yadav said when law is equal for all, why the self-styled godman has not been arrested and was visiting various places.
He wondered as to why no action has been taken against him despite Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot having an hour-long meeting with Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the issue.
Yadav alleged that Asaram was a "land mafia" who has usurped thousands of acres of land across the country.
Yesterday, JD(U) members had created an uproar in the House over the alleged protests by a few supporters of Asaram at Yadav`s residence for seeking action against the controversial self-styled godman.
Yadav had said that a few supporters of the controversial godman had visited his residence here yesterday morning. He demanded that entire Parliament has to take "cognisance" of such a move from the supporters of a controversial figure.
Speaking on the Mumbai gangrape of a journalist, Yadav had sought action against Asaram against whom a teenage girl has slapped rape charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins