Why Asaram still roaming free, asks Sharad Yadav in LS
New Delhi: JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav on Friday wondered in Lok Sabha as to why Asaram Bapu was still roaming free and has not been arrested despite rape charges slapped against him.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Yadav said when law is equal for all, why the self-styled godman has not been arrested and was visiting various places.
He wondered as to why no action has been taken against him despite Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot having an hour-long meeting with Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the issue.
Yadav alleged that Asaram was a "land mafia" who has usurped thousands of acres of land across the country.
Yesterday, JD(U) members had created an uproar in the House over the alleged protests by a few supporters of Asaram at Yadav`s residence for seeking action against the controversial self-styled godman.
Yadav had said that a few supporters of the controversial godman had visited his residence here yesterday morning. He demanded that entire Parliament has to take "cognisance" of such a move from the supporters of a controversial figure.
Speaking on the Mumbai gangrape of a journalist, Yadav had sought action against Asaram against whom a teenage girl has slapped rape charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Trending Topics: Facebook makes changes to avoid political bias
- Pothole kills young girl in Bengaluru but minister says “don't blame the government”
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in: Ardent fan of MGR, auto-driver charges just Re 1 for all rides to celebrate win - WATCH