Why has Arvind Kejriwal not acted on corruption, price rise: Harsh Vardhan
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The principal Opposition party in the Delhi Assembly, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday accused the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) of ignoring important issues like corruption and price-rise and delving on non-serious issues instead.
Speaking to scribes today, senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Delhi Assembly Dr Harsh Vardhan asked, "What is Arvind Kejriwal`s agenda on inflation and price rise? Why has no action been taken till now?"
Accusing the Aam Aadmi Party of double-talk, Harsh Vardhan said, "Even though it`s not an important issue for us, but how are AAP ministers using government cars with VIP numbers?"
He said that the ruling party in Delhi was making speeches about things that had nothing to do with governance whilst keeping mum on seious matters.
"The CM was offered a luxurious bungalow and he only denied it after pressure from media and people. They have always talked about shunning it, but they themselves have begun with VIP culture. Red beacons have been banned by the Supreme Court, it has nothing to do with any government.
"AAP have forgotten corruption issues under the Arvind-Arvinder shadow," he said.
Vardhan said that an RTI inquiry was enough to reveal the expenses incurred by the state exchequer for providing security to the CM, despite Arvind Kejriwal`s claims that he did not require any police protection.
"Please file an RTI with the police and you will know how much security and expenses have been used for Kejriwal since he became CM," he said.
Referring to Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung`s speech in the Assembly on Monday, Vardhan said that even he had failed to raise the issue of corruption in his speech. "There was no mention of working against corruption in the speech made by Lietenant Governor," he said.
He also pulled up AAP leader Prashant Bhushan for his suggestion calling for referendum in Kashmir, and sdaid, "How can anyone even have the courage to say all this on the issue of Kashmir? It`s anti-national."
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar