Why has Arvind Kejriwal not acted on corruption, price rise: Harsh Vardhan
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The principal Opposition party in the Delhi Assembly, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday accused the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) of ignoring important issues like corruption and price-rise and delving on non-serious issues instead.
Speaking to scribes today, senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Delhi Assembly Dr Harsh Vardhan asked, "What is Arvind Kejriwal`s agenda on inflation and price rise? Why has no action been taken till now?"
Accusing the Aam Aadmi Party of double-talk, Harsh Vardhan said, "Even though it`s not an important issue for us, but how are AAP ministers using government cars with VIP numbers?"
He said that the ruling party in Delhi was making speeches about things that had nothing to do with governance whilst keeping mum on seious matters.
"The CM was offered a luxurious bungalow and he only denied it after pressure from media and people. They have always talked about shunning it, but they themselves have begun with VIP culture. Red beacons have been banned by the Supreme Court, it has nothing to do with any government.
"AAP have forgotten corruption issues under the Arvind-Arvinder shadow," he said.
Vardhan said that an RTI inquiry was enough to reveal the expenses incurred by the state exchequer for providing security to the CM, despite Arvind Kejriwal`s claims that he did not require any police protection.
"Please file an RTI with the police and you will know how much security and expenses have been used for Kejriwal since he became CM," he said.
Referring to Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung`s speech in the Assembly on Monday, Vardhan said that even he had failed to raise the issue of corruption in his speech. "There was no mention of working against corruption in the speech made by Lietenant Governor," he said.
He also pulled up AAP leader Prashant Bhushan for his suggestion calling for referendum in Kashmir, and sdaid, "How can anyone even have the courage to say all this on the issue of Kashmir? It`s anti-national."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP