Why no action against Bhushans in CD case?: Amar
New Delhi: Raking up the controversial CD
issue, expelled Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh on Tuesday asked
why the Delhi Police was not taking action against lawyers
Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan when it has found the CD
involving them was genuine.
"Since the Delhi Police says that the CD - in which
Bhushan senior purportedly offered to manage a judge through
his lawyer son Prashant - is genuine, then their place is in
Tihar jail and not next to Anna Hazare. If they can send me to
jail (in cash-for vote scam), then why not them, I fail to
understand," Singh told reporters here.
He wondered why Home Minister P Chidambaram was "afraid"
of Prashant Bhushan. "...He should then term the CD as fake
and end the matter," he said in reply to a poser on the issue.
Delhi Police had recently told a city court that the
controversial CD of Shanti Bhushan was genuine.
Singh said Prashant Bhushan should also be charged for
his statement supporting plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Though I don`t support such means, when he (Prashant
Bhushan) was roughed up for his comments, I did not feel bad,"
He also slammed Team Anna for dubbing all politicians as
corrupt but failing to provide an alternative to the people.
"They should suggest an alternative like the JP Movement
provided an alternative post-Emergency...people always have a
choice of rejecting their representatives during polls...Lalu
Prasad was changed (in Bihar)," Singh said.
Referring to allegations on Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran
Bedi, he said most Core Committee members of Team Anna were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA