Why was Lokayukta not opposed earlier: Aruna Roy
New Delhi: Activist Aruna Roy on Thursday night
questioned political parties for raising objections to the
provision of setting up of Lokayuktas in the Lokpal Bill,
saying they did not oppose such a move earlier.
She also raised questions about the "poor floor
management" by the government on the Lokpal Bill issue.
"The Sense of House resolution adopted by Parliament
clearly says that Lokayuktas should be set up in states
through Lokpal Bill. Nobody objected to this then. When it
came to Standing Committee, nobody objected.
"Also the ruling party, why did not they do proper floor
management," she said.
She said the parties should realise that the country has
to be provided with an anti-corruption mechanism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...