Why was Lokayukta not opposed earlier: Aruna Roy
New Delhi: Activist Aruna Roy on Thursday night
questioned political parties for raising objections to the
provision of setting up of Lokayuktas in the Lokpal Bill,
saying they did not oppose such a move earlier.
She also raised questions about the "poor floor
management" by the government on the Lokpal Bill issue.
"The Sense of House resolution adopted by Parliament
clearly says that Lokayuktas should be set up in states
through Lokpal Bill. Nobody objected to this then. When it
came to Standing Committee, nobody objected.
"Also the ruling party, why did not they do proper floor
management," she said.
She said the parties should realise that the country has
to be provided with an anti-corruption mechanism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets