Why was Lokayukta not opposed earlier: Aruna Roy
New Delhi: Activist Aruna Roy on Thursday night
questioned political parties for raising objections to the
provision of setting up of Lokayuktas in the Lokpal Bill,
saying they did not oppose such a move earlier.
She also raised questions about the "poor floor
management" by the government on the Lokpal Bill issue.
"The Sense of House resolution adopted by Parliament
clearly says that Lokayuktas should be set up in states
through Lokpal Bill. Nobody objected to this then. When it
came to Standing Committee, nobody objected.
"Also the ruling party, why did not they do proper floor
management," she said.
She said the parties should realise that the country has
to be provided with an anti-corruption mechanism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab