Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide
New Delhi: The wife of an employee of crisis-ridden Kingfisher Airlines on Thursday allegedly committed suicide, apparently depressed over financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
Susmita Chakarvarti (45), the wife of Manas Chakarvarti who is a ground staff in Kingfisher Airlines, was found hanging from the ceiling in her DDA flat in south-west Delhi`s Manglapuri at around 1:30 pm.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead.
A suicide note purportedly written by her was recovered from the spot in which she spoke of being under financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
"In the note, she said that her husband has not got salary for the past four-five months and that she was unable to cope up with the situation," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West), said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?