Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide
New Delhi: The wife of an employee of crisis-ridden Kingfisher Airlines on Thursday allegedly committed suicide, apparently depressed over financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
Susmita Chakarvarti (45), the wife of Manas Chakarvarti who is a ground staff in Kingfisher Airlines, was found hanging from the ceiling in her DDA flat in south-west Delhi`s Manglapuri at around 1:30 pm.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead.
A suicide note purportedly written by her was recovered from the spot in which she spoke of being under financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
"In the note, she said that her husband has not got salary for the past four-five months and that she was unable to cope up with the situation," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West), said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?