Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide
New Delhi: The wife of an employee of crisis-ridden Kingfisher Airlines on Thursday allegedly committed suicide, apparently depressed over financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
Susmita Chakarvarti (45), the wife of Manas Chakarvarti who is a ground staff in Kingfisher Airlines, was found hanging from the ceiling in her DDA flat in south-west Delhi`s Manglapuri at around 1:30 pm.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead.
A suicide note purportedly written by her was recovered from the spot in which she spoke of being under financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
"In the note, she said that her husband has not got salary for the past four-five months and that she was unable to cope up with the situation," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West), said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!