Wikileaks expose: CPI (M) criticises PM`s statement on issue
New Delhi: CPI (M) on Friday lashed out at Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh for his statement in Parliament that
the Opposition was reviving "old charges" which were rejected
by the people in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury equated Singh`s
statement with the reported claims of Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi about electoral victories.
"Even Narendra Modi says he keeps winning elections.
Hitler had used similar arguments. Does criminal culpability
end with winning elections?" Yechury told reporters here.
The Prime Minister, while rubbishing Wikileak cable
charges of bribery against him and his government during the
2008 trust vote, said in Parliament that the opposition had
raised this issue during the last Lok Sabha polls but people
had rejected it.
"It is most surprising that speculative, unverified and
unverifiable communications should be given dignity and seized
upon by the Opposition parties to revive old charges that have
been soundly rejected," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued