Wikileaks expose: CPI (M) criticises PM`s statement on issue
New Delhi: CPI (M) on Friday lashed out at Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh for his statement in Parliament that
the Opposition was reviving "old charges" which were rejected
by the people in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury equated Singh`s
statement with the reported claims of Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi about electoral victories.
"Even Narendra Modi says he keeps winning elections.
Hitler had used similar arguments. Does criminal culpability
end with winning elections?" Yechury told reporters here.
The Prime Minister, while rubbishing Wikileak cable
charges of bribery against him and his government during the
2008 trust vote, said in Parliament that the opposition had
raised this issue during the last Lok Sabha polls but people
had rejected it.
"It is most surprising that speculative, unverified and
unverifiable communications should be given dignity and seized
upon by the Opposition parties to revive old charges that have
been soundly rejected," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug