Will do complete check up of low floor buses: Tata Motors
New Delhi: Under attack for a series of
fire-related incidents in DTC low-floor buses supplied by it,
Tata Motors today said it will substantially improve the
maintenance of the fleet, besides carrying out a "complete
health check-up" of the vehicles within the next month.
"We are improving the strength of our maintenance staff
in all the depots. We have decided to carry out rigorous check
of each and every bus in a time-bound manner. We will also
carry out a complete health check up of all the 950 buses by
January 31," Ravi Pisharody, President commercial vehicle
business of Tata motors told reporters here.
Asked about fire incidents in the buses supplied by the
company, he said the Tata motors has identified two-three
possible reasons and are trying to address them.
The facilities at the maintenance depots will also be
upgraded. An investment of Rs 70 to Rs 80 lakh per depot will
be required for upgradation.
A number of DTC low-floor, CNG-run buses have caught fire
in the recent weeks. Delhi Government has imposed a fine on
Tata Motors and warned it of strong punitive action if the
company failed to improve maintenance of the fleet supplied by
Tata Motors had earlier blamed the bad roads of the
capital for the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!