Will ensure that Congress is wiped out from Delhi: Badal
Chandigarh: Top brass of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will be camping in Delhi during the Assembly polls to ensure that Congress is "wiped out" from the state, and seat sharing arrangement with the BJP will soon be finalised, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday said.
All the formalities regarding the seat sharing will be completed in the coming time "after which the alliance would work hard to wipe out the Congress from Delhi," Badal said.
"We will be camping in Delhi to ensure the victory of SAD-BJP alliance in these polls," the five-time Chief Minister said.
The SAD-BJP alliance was "fully ready" for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Badal told reporters on the sidelines of the ninth annual conference of Indian Catholic Youth Movement (ICYM) at Trinity College in Jalandhar.
"The Congress will be given a crushing defeat in the state. The leadership of the alliance partners will meet soon for chalking out the strategy of these polls and the candidates for the polls will be announced at appropriate time," he said.
To another query, the Chief Minister said that the policy of regularisation of colonies was in the interest of the general public as it would go a long way in ensuring the welfare and overall development of the cities.
Earlier addressing the conference, the Chief Minister exhorted youth to play a proactive role "in bailing out the country from the current crisis."
He said that the country which was once known as "golden sparrow" was currently engulfed with a large number of problems and the need of the hour was that youth should come forward for making a strong and united India.
Badal claimed that due to the "misrule" of successive Congress governments at the Centre the nation was confronting a large number of social maladies like corruption, unemployment, illiteracy, poverty and others.
Lauding the role of Christian community in various philanthropic works, he said that the community has done exemplary work in the field of providing quality education and health services to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal