Will follow Sonia`s instructions on women`s safety: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Delhi government would follow Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s instructions on the safety of women in the national capital, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Monday.
"During the Jaipur `Chintan Shivir`, the issue of women`s safety was discussed and Sonia Gandhi took it very seriously. The Delhi government will follow whatever she has instructed on women`s safety issues," Dikshit told reporters here.
Sonia Gandhi said Sunday, the last day of the party`s strategy camp in Jaipur, that the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim "embodied the spirit of an aspirational India" and the government would ensure her sacrifice did not go in vain.
Sonia Gandhi further said several new laws had been enacted and amendments made to ensure equal rights of inheritance, protect women from domestic violence and prevent sexual harassment at the workplace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family