Will follow Sonia`s instructions on women`s safety: Dikshit
New Delhi: The Delhi government would follow Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s instructions on the safety of women in the national capital, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Monday.
"During the Jaipur `Chintan Shivir`, the issue of women`s safety was discussed and Sonia Gandhi took it very seriously. The Delhi government will follow whatever she has instructed on women`s safety issues," Dikshit told reporters here.
Sonia Gandhi said Sunday, the last day of the party`s strategy camp in Jaipur, that the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim "embodied the spirit of an aspirational India" and the government would ensure her sacrifice did not go in vain.
Sonia Gandhi further said several new laws had been enacted and amendments made to ensure equal rights of inheritance, protect women from domestic violence and prevent sexual harassment at the workplace.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case