Will name candidates for Delhi LS seats by March 15: BJP
New Delhi: BJP will announce the names of all its candidates for the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi before March 15, the party`s local unit chief, Harsh Vardhan, said on Thursday.
"The party is still working on the names of candidates for all seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi. We will declare the list of candidates before March 15," Vardhan told reporters here.
In a meeting today on poll preparations, several BJP leaders discussed plans for election campaigns and other matters.
Meanwhile, referring to the clash yesterday outside BJP headquarters here between its supporters and AAP workers, Vardhan slammed the rival party, alleging that "the attack on the BJP office was totally pre-planned. Police didn`t act swiftly to control AAP supporters, who also insulted the national flag by holding it in their hands".
Vardhan alleged that AAP supporters had thrown stones at the BJP headquarters, leaving about a dozen of his party workers injured.
Further, talking about the episode in which AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal was briefly detained by police yesterday in Gujarat, Vardhan said, "It is very unfortunate that after the announcement of the schedule for the general elections, Kejriwal... Tried to spread anarchy in Gujarat despite the Model Code of Conduct having come into force."
He said that BJP leaders had met Election Commission officials during the day and complained about yesterday`s AAP protest outside its headquarters on Ashoka Road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt