Will not contest Lok Sabha elections, says Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday made it clear that though his party would go all-out in their debut Lok Sabha elections in May this year, he will not be contesting the polls.
“I won`t fight Lok Sabha elections. I will only campaign for the party nationally,” Kejriwal told scribes on the sidelines of Aam Aadmi Party` s 23-member National Executive meet at the Constitutional Club here.
The recently-crowned CM wanted the media to keep a watchful eye on his government`s deeds, so as to keep a check. “I appeal to the media to continue to scrutinize us. Keep us on our toes,s o that we rectify any mistakes (we make),” he said.
Talking about steps to counter water problems in the metropolis, Kejriwal added, “We are working on steps to control the tanker mafia in the Jal board.”
Earlier in the day, AAP leader Prashant Bhushan had informed that his party would be contesting in most of the states and on as many seats as possible. “Aam Aadmi Party will fight coming Lok Sabha elections in as many states as possible,” he said.
AAP had earlier announced that it will contest all seats from Gujarat, and is also eyeing Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka to gather support before the Assembly polls due in May.
Bhushan further added, “AAP will field candidates wherever we have a reasonable (party) structure and we get good candidates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city