Will set up commission to probe Dikshit: BJP
New Delhi: The Delhi BJP Sunday said it would set up an "accountability commission" and probe all projects undertaken by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president Vijay Goel said the commission would book all those who were involved in scams and "looted taxpayers` money" during the 15-year Congress regime.
Goel said, "There are a number of schemes where announcements were made and money was charged from common people, such as Rajiv Ratna Awas Yojana but nothing was delivered."
He added, "Several irregularities such as transport scam, Yamuna cleaning scam, JJ rehabilitation scam, and ration card scam have been brushed under the carpet."
Goel said the commission would look into recommendations of the lokayukta, the public accounts committee and the Comptroller and Auditor General.
"Our endeavour will not only be to indict the guilty but to bring the money back to the exchequer and use it for welfare schemes," said the BJP leader.
Elections to the Delhi assembly are to be held Dec 4.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living