Will set up commission to probe Dikshit: BJP
New Delhi: The Delhi BJP Sunday said it would set up an "accountability commission" and probe all projects undertaken by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president Vijay Goel said the commission would book all those who were involved in scams and "looted taxpayers` money" during the 15-year Congress regime.
Goel said, "There are a number of schemes where announcements were made and money was charged from common people, such as Rajiv Ratna Awas Yojana but nothing was delivered."
He added, "Several irregularities such as transport scam, Yamuna cleaning scam, JJ rehabilitation scam, and ration card scam have been brushed under the carpet."
Goel said the commission would look into recommendations of the lokayukta, the public accounts committee and the Comptroller and Auditor General.
"Our endeavour will not only be to indict the guilty but to bring the money back to the exchequer and use it for welfare schemes," said the BJP leader.
Elections to the Delhi assembly are to be held Dec 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi