Will watch how AAP controls price rise: Pawar
Nashik: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Tuesday said they would like to see how the Aam Aadmi Party, which has staked claim to form government in Delhi, implements its poll promise of checking spiralling prices of onion and other commodities.
Two Delhi state governments - Sushma Swaraj led BJP government and the Congress government headed by Sheila Dixit - collapsed following rise in price of onions and other commodities, he said.
"Now, we will see the role of AAP, which has promised people to reduce the price of onions," the NCP leader said here while inaugurating the new tehsil office building and panchayat samiti office at Nandgaon in the district.
People do not react when they pay high prices for luxury bus tickets and buy mineral water bottles, but there is a strong reaction when prices of onions and other agricultural produces increase, he pointed out.
If farmers get more money from their agricultural produce, it is better for them, said Pawar, who is on a two-day visit to Nashik.
Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, NCP MLA from Nandgaon Pankaj Bhujbal, party MP Sameer Bhujbal and other NCP leaders were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing