Will watch how AAP controls price rise: Pawar
Nashik: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Tuesday said they would like to see how the Aam Aadmi Party, which has staked claim to form government in Delhi, implements its poll promise of checking spiralling prices of onion and other commodities.
Two Delhi state governments - Sushma Swaraj led BJP government and the Congress government headed by Sheila Dixit - collapsed following rise in price of onions and other commodities, he said.
"Now, we will see the role of AAP, which has promised people to reduce the price of onions," the NCP leader said here while inaugurating the new tehsil office building and panchayat samiti office at Nandgaon in the district.
People do not react when they pay high prices for luxury bus tickets and buy mineral water bottles, but there is a strong reaction when prices of onions and other agricultural produces increase, he pointed out.
If farmers get more money from their agricultural produce, it is better for them, said Pawar, who is on a two-day visit to Nashik.
Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, NCP MLA from Nandgaon Pankaj Bhujbal, party MP Sameer Bhujbal and other NCP leaders were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today