Winter chill continues in Delhi
New Delhi: Mercury remained a degree below
normal Thursday morning in the national capital, where a slight chill has been back in the air for the last couple of days after an unusually warm spell lasting for more than a week.
The low was recorded at 9.5 degree Celsius, a degree
below normal and marginally up from yesterday`s minimum of
9.3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said.
The maximum was at 22.8 degrees yesterday, down from 23.8
degrees of the previous day.
The weatherman has forecast mist or shallow fog in the
morning tomorrow followed by partly cloudy sky later in the
day while the maximum is expected to be around 24 degrees.
The first week of February saw the temperatures rise well
above the normal levels, but a spell of rain on Monday night
seems to have changed that. The minimum on Monday before the
capital was hit by a brief spell of rain was recorded at 14.6
Delhi witnessed the season`s warmest day on Saturday when
the mercury had settled at a maximum of 29.8 degrees C.
According to MeT statistics, the record for the highest
maximum for the month of February was 34.1 degrees C --
recorded on the 26th of 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video