With an eye on Delhi polls, Aam Aadmi Party starts 22-day yatra
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party began its 22-day `Jhadu Chalao Yatra` from Sunday aiming to cover 70 constituencies in Delhi, in order to connect with the people ahead of the upcoming Assembly elections in Delhi.
Talking to a news agency today, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal said that the people of Delhi had made up their minds that they would get rid of the Congress and the BJP. People want an honest party, he added.
AAP spokesperson, Manish Sisodiya told reporters yesterday that during the padyatra, Kejriwal will visit all the constituencies in Delhi and directly connect with the masses. He also said that the AAP leader will discuss solutions to the problems that the people are facing.
For the yatra, AAP has given the slogan of `Jhadu Chalao Beiman Bhagao`. Sisodiya had also said that the party would to seek support of people for cleansing of the country`s political system. They would try to get rid of not just the corrupt but corruption too, he had added.
The yatra started at 10 am today from Old Chandrawal on Magazine Road in Civil Lines area near Delhi Vidhan Sabha premises. On a given day, Kejriwal aims to cover maximum of four assembly constituencies and minimum of two.
With some of the opinion polls predicting a good showing for the newly formed party in the upcoming polls in Delhi, the AAP is leaving no stones unturned to give a tough fight to the Congress and the BJP and make an impact in the polls.
The yatra will culminate on 01 December. Delhi is due to vote on December 04 and results will be declared on December 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!