Withdrawal of prosecution against Dikshit opposed
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly Wednesday moved court here opposing city police decision to withdraw prosecution of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for allegedly
violating election code during 2008 assembly polls here,
claiming the step was taken under "pressure" from her.
In an application filed before Metropolitan Magistrate
Sudesh Kumar, Jolly said he may be allowed to intervene in the
proceedings as one of the complainants and alleged that the
Delhi Police has sought withdrawal of prosecution of Dikshit
"under influence and pressure of accused".
Police have sought withdrawal of the case filed against
Dikshit by then Samajwadi Party candidate Om Prakash for
allegedly using loud speaker during election campaign without
permission in 2008.
Jolly, who had contested the 2008 Assembly elections
against Dikshit, said action should be taken against erring
police officials who deliberately did not seize equipments
allegedly used by Dikshit during the election campaign.
The magistrate, however, listed the application for March
5 before the concerned court as Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate (ACMM), before whom the case is pending, was on
Jolly`s application said, "It is therefore prayed that the
applicant (Jolly) may be allowed to intervene in the
proceedings as one of the complainants and oppose the
withdrawal of the said proceedings by the police and
"And to take action against the erring police officials,
who deliberately did not seize the illegal equipments at the
time of its use."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations