Witness alleges implication for naming Sajjan an accused
New Delhi: A woman, whose father was killed in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, on Wednesday alleged before a Delhi court trying senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar that she had named the politician in 1984 as an accused but instead of any action being taken against him, she was implicated in false cases.
"In 1984 itself, I had named Sajjan Kumar but no action was taken. Rather, I was implicated in many cases and no action was taken even when many other persons had named him. Therefore, I had lost faith," witness Nirpreet Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita Gupta.
The 42-year-old witness made the statement while being cross examined by the counsel Anil Kumar Sharma and S A Hashmi as to why she did not make a statement before the Nanavati Commission.
The woman, who had remained in jail after being booked in three different cases registered under now-repealed Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA), was also questioned about her alleged implication.
To a question whether how she pursued the case relating to the killing of her father Nirmal Singh, Kaur said "I asked the lawyers who were representing me to give representation regarding the killing of my father but they told me that since I was speaking against MP and MLA, who will hear me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly