Woman abducted from Akshardham, gang-raped in East Delhi
New Delhi: A 34-year-old woman alleged that she was abducted and gang-raped by four men in a moving car in east Delhi on Sunday.
According to police, the middle-aged woman had alleged that she was abducted from Akshardham at around 9 am by the gang, which took turns to rape her in the moving car, which also had two women.
"All the six persons in the white car were known to the victim. She told us that she was going from Pandav Nagar to Akshardham and when she reached near the Metro Station, the vehicle moved towards her and she was abducted," police said.
She claimed she was dumped near Pragati Maidan after the sexual assault.
She also claimed her two mobile phones and some jewellery were robbed.
The victim later approached police which took her to a government hospital for medical examination after which a case was registered.
No one has been arrested in the case till today.
The city has witnessed a surge in rape cases this year. The national capital was outraged over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old medic in a moving bus on December 16. The victim, who was raped, brutally assaulted and thrown from the vehicle, died on December 29 in a Singapore hospital.
Last year, 706 rape cases were reported while 247 cases of rape were registered till March three this year.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price