Woman abducted from Akshardham, gang-raped in East Delhi
New Delhi: A 34-year-old woman alleged that she was abducted and gang-raped by four men in a moving car in east Delhi on Sunday.
According to police, the middle-aged woman had alleged that she was abducted from Akshardham at around 9 am by the gang, which took turns to rape her in the moving car, which also had two women.
"All the six persons in the white car were known to the victim. She told us that she was going from Pandav Nagar to Akshardham and when she reached near the Metro Station, the vehicle moved towards her and she was abducted," police said.
She claimed she was dumped near Pragati Maidan after the sexual assault.
She also claimed her two mobile phones and some jewellery were robbed.
The victim later approached police which took her to a government hospital for medical examination after which a case was registered.
No one has been arrested in the case till today.
The city has witnessed a surge in rape cases this year. The national capital was outraged over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old medic in a moving bus on December 16. The victim, who was raped, brutally assaulted and thrown from the vehicle, died on December 29 in a Singapore hospital.
Last year, 706 rape cases were reported while 247 cases of rape were registered till March three this year.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown