Woman arrested for posing as Delhi CM`s kin
New Delhi: A 33-year-old woman was arrested for attempting to cheat a diamond merchant by posing as the daughter-in-law of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, police said Wednesday.
Shikha Bhatia called the office of Jindal Diamond in south Delhi`s Lajpat Nagar posing as Mona Dikshit, Sheila Dikshit`s daughter-in-law, and asked for some diamond bangles to be delivered at Khanpur Chowk as she was going to catch flight.
When the shop owner called the chief minister`s son Sandeep to ask if his wife had placed the order, he said no such order had been placed.
"A police official pretending to be an employee of Jindal Diamond met the woman, who took a packet containing the bangles and gave a cheque of Rs.3.89 lakh with Mona Dikshit`s signature. She was taken into custody immediately," said a police officer.
Bhatia, who is from Andhra Pradesh, lives in Delhi`s Rohini area. She has a master`s degree in business administration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know