Woman arrested for posing as Delhi CM`s kin
New Delhi: A 33-year-old woman was arrested for attempting to cheat a diamond merchant by posing as the daughter-in-law of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, police said Wednesday.
Shikha Bhatia called the office of Jindal Diamond in south Delhi`s Lajpat Nagar posing as Mona Dikshit, Sheila Dikshit`s daughter-in-law, and asked for some diamond bangles to be delivered at Khanpur Chowk as she was going to catch flight.
When the shop owner called the chief minister`s son Sandeep to ask if his wife had placed the order, he said no such order had been placed.
"A police official pretending to be an employee of Jindal Diamond met the woman, who took a packet containing the bangles and gave a cheque of Rs.3.89 lakh with Mona Dikshit`s signature. She was taken into custody immediately," said a police officer.
Bhatia, who is from Andhra Pradesh, lives in Delhi`s Rohini area. She has a master`s degree in business administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands