Woman arrested with illicit liquor in West Delhi
New Delhi: A 32-year-old woman has been arrested with illicit liquor in Ranhola area of West Delhi, police said Wednesday.
The woman, resident of Vikas Nagar, was arrested yesterday with 98 quarters of illicit liquor, police said.
"There is no other criminal involvement of the woman. However, her husband was previously arrested in three cases under Excise Act," police said.
During interrogation, she reportedly told police that she had purchased the liquor from Bahadurgarh, Haryana with an intention to sell it on higher prices in Delhi in the wake of higher demand due to upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray