Woman beaten to death with cricket bat in E-Delhi
New Delhi: A 50-year-old woman was
bludgeoned to death with her son`s cricket bat during a
robbery attempt by unidentified men at her residence in East
Delhi this evening, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Rita Taneja, wife of
a transporter Gulshan Taneja, and the incident came to light
when their son returned to their Jagatpuri residence from
college at around 8 PM, a senior police official said.
"The son immediately informed police who rushed to the
spot and found the woman lying in a pool of blood.
"The house was ransacked and some cash and valuables were
missing. There was no sign of forced entry and we suspect that
it is a job of someone known to the family," the official
"Police recovered a blood-stained cricket bat from the
room which the son claimed that it was his. We found blood all
over the room and we suspect that the robbers attacked her
when she resisted the robbery attempt. They might also have
killed her because she would spill the bean if let alive," the
official said, adding that the woman had multiple injuries on
her head and upper torso.
A case has been registered and the body has been sent for
The deceased is survived by the husband, the son and a
daughter who is employed with a call centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video