Woman, boyfriend arrested for abduction
New Delhi: She along with her boyfriend were allegedly involved in sex trade and to evade police they kidnapped a six-year-old boy from Batala in Punjab and started living as a family in the national capital.
The duo was arrested by Delhi Police today based on a complaint filed by the boy`s parents that their son was abducted by Savita, who lived next door in Batala.
Savita, who divorced her husband seven years ago, and her boyfriend Ajay (28) were arrested from Adarsh Nagar in north Delhi, three days after they kidnapped the boy on Monday.
The child`s parents approached the police alleging that Savita, who was living near-by, came to their house when they were not there and took the boy on the pretext of giving him sweets.
Savita had been living with Ajay in Adarsh Nagar Area and preliminary investigation revealed that she was allegedly involved in sex trade and to avoid police, she hatched a conspiracy to kidnap the child, a senior police official said.
Accordingly, she took the house on rent in densely populated area in Batala, Punjab and within hours she befriended with the victim and his family.
Once she sensed the opportunity, she immediately kidnapped the child and starting living at a rented accommodation with her boyfriend, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly