Woman, boyfriend arrested for abduction
New Delhi: She along with her boyfriend were allegedly involved in sex trade and to evade police they kidnapped a six-year-old boy from Batala in Punjab and started living as a family in the national capital.
The duo was arrested by Delhi Police today based on a complaint filed by the boy`s parents that their son was abducted by Savita, who lived next door in Batala.
Savita, who divorced her husband seven years ago, and her boyfriend Ajay (28) were arrested from Adarsh Nagar in north Delhi, three days after they kidnapped the boy on Monday.
The child`s parents approached the police alleging that Savita, who was living near-by, came to their house when they were not there and took the boy on the pretext of giving him sweets.
Savita had been living with Ajay in Adarsh Nagar Area and preliminary investigation revealed that she was allegedly involved in sex trade and to avoid police, she hatched a conspiracy to kidnap the child, a senior police official said.
Accordingly, she took the house on rent in densely populated area in Batala, Punjab and within hours she befriended with the victim and his family.
Once she sensed the opportunity, she immediately kidnapped the child and starting living at a rented accommodation with her boyfriend, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail