Woman, boyfriend arrested for abduction
New Delhi: She along with her boyfriend were allegedly involved in sex trade and to evade police they kidnapped a six-year-old boy from Batala in Punjab and started living as a family in the national capital.
The duo was arrested by Delhi Police today based on a complaint filed by the boy`s parents that their son was abducted by Savita, who lived next door in Batala.
Savita, who divorced her husband seven years ago, and her boyfriend Ajay (28) were arrested from Adarsh Nagar in north Delhi, three days after they kidnapped the boy on Monday.
The child`s parents approached the police alleging that Savita, who was living near-by, came to their house when they were not there and took the boy on the pretext of giving him sweets.
Savita had been living with Ajay in Adarsh Nagar Area and preliminary investigation revealed that she was allegedly involved in sex trade and to avoid police, she hatched a conspiracy to kidnap the child, a senior police official said.
Accordingly, she took the house on rent in densely populated area in Batala, Punjab and within hours she befriended with the victim and his family.
Once she sensed the opportunity, she immediately kidnapped the child and starting living at a rented accommodation with her boyfriend, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday