Woman commits suicide in Rashtrapati Bhavan premises
New Delhi: A woman committed suicide Friday within Rashtrapati Bhavan precincts by hanging herself from a ceiling fan, police said.
A police officer said Shazia, 26, was found hanging from a ceiling fan inside a servants quarter allotted to her father around 5.30 a.m. Friday by her family members.
The officer said the woman may have hanged herself sometime Thursday night but her body was discovered only Friday morning.
"She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. No suicide note was recovered," the official added.
"Preliminary inquiries suggest that Shazia was disturbed after her husband divorced her a few months ago. After the separation from her husband, she was living with her father," said the police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'