Woman commits suicide in Rashtrapati Bhavan premises
New Delhi: A woman committed suicide Friday within Rashtrapati Bhavan precincts by hanging herself from a ceiling fan, police said.
A police officer said Shazia, 26, was found hanging from a ceiling fan inside a servants quarter allotted to her father around 5.30 a.m. Friday by her family members.
The officer said the woman may have hanged herself sometime Thursday night but her body was discovered only Friday morning.
"She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. No suicide note was recovered," the official added.
"Preliminary inquiries suggest that Shazia was disturbed after her husband divorced her a few months ago. After the separation from her husband, she was living with her father," said the police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Shaktikanta Das attending Saarc FMs meet, instead of Jaitley: Official