Woman commits suicide in Rashtrapati Bhavan premises
New Delhi: A woman committed suicide Friday within Rashtrapati Bhavan precincts by hanging herself from a ceiling fan, police said.
A police officer said Shazia, 26, was found hanging from a ceiling fan inside a servants quarter allotted to her father around 5.30 a.m. Friday by her family members.
The officer said the woman may have hanged herself sometime Thursday night but her body was discovered only Friday morning.
"She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. No suicide note was recovered," the official added.
"Preliminary inquiries suggest that Shazia was disturbed after her husband divorced her a few months ago. After the separation from her husband, she was living with her father," said the police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days