Woman commits suicide in Rashtrapati Bhavan premises
New Delhi: A woman committed suicide Friday within Rashtrapati Bhavan precincts by hanging herself from a ceiling fan, police said.
A police officer said Shazia, 26, was found hanging from a ceiling fan inside a servants quarter allotted to her father around 5.30 a.m. Friday by her family members.
The officer said the woman may have hanged herself sometime Thursday night but her body was discovered only Friday morning.
"She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. No suicide note was recovered," the official added.
"Preliminary inquiries suggest that Shazia was disturbed after her husband divorced her a few months ago. After the separation from her husband, she was living with her father," said the police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured