Woman delivers at hospital gate in Delhi, probe ordered
New Delhi: A woman delivered a baby at the gate of Guru Teg Bahadur hospital here allegedly after she was asked by the hospital authorities to get ultrasound test done from outside as the waiting period for it was three months.
According to the family of the woman, the doctors asked them to get ultrasound test done from outside as the waiting period for it at the hospital was three months.
A committee has been formed by the hospital to probe the matter, officials said.
A relative of the woman said they requested the doctor to arrange for ultrasound test at the hospital as she was in advanced stage of pregnancy.
"We said she is not in a condition to be taken out but they insisted that we take her to some other place for the test.
"We requested that there was no time and that she would deliver any moment. They did not listen to us and she delivered the baby outside at the gate," said the relative.
The woman was admitted to the hospital after the family called the police helpline and sought intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city