Woman dies after consuming acid in Delhi, 3 booked for dowry death
New Delhi: A young woman allegedly committed suicide in a south-west Delhi metro station by consuming acid, following which three persons, including her husband, were arrested on Sunday on charges of dowry death, police said.
Newly married Shilpi, who lived in Rajouri Garden with her husband Deepak Sapra, consumed acid in Dwarka metro station last night, police said.
She died in a hospital, they said. Her family alleged that she was harassed for dowry.
On the statement of the victim`s brother, a case under sections relating to dowry death was registered, they said.
Deepak, his brother Yogesh and mother Usha were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!