Woman dies after consuming acid in Delhi, 3 booked for dowry death
New Delhi: A young woman allegedly committed suicide in a south-west Delhi metro station by consuming acid, following which three persons, including her husband, were arrested on Sunday on charges of dowry death, police said.
Newly married Shilpi, who lived in Rajouri Garden with her husband Deepak Sapra, consumed acid in Dwarka metro station last night, police said.
She died in a hospital, they said. Her family alleged that she was harassed for dowry.
On the statement of the victim`s brother, a case under sections relating to dowry death was registered, they said.
Deepak, his brother Yogesh and mother Usha were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet