Woman dies after consuming acid in Delhi, 3 booked for dowry death
New Delhi: A young woman allegedly committed suicide in a south-west Delhi metro station by consuming acid, following which three persons, including her husband, were arrested on Sunday on charges of dowry death, police said.
Newly married Shilpi, who lived in Rajouri Garden with her husband Deepak Sapra, consumed acid in Dwarka metro station last night, police said.
She died in a hospital, they said. Her family alleged that she was harassed for dowry.
On the statement of the victim`s brother, a case under sections relating to dowry death was registered, they said.
Deepak, his brother Yogesh and mother Usha were arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?