Woman dies after consuming acid in Delhi, 3 booked for dowry death
New Delhi: A young woman allegedly committed suicide in a south-west Delhi metro station by consuming acid, following which three persons, including her husband, were arrested on Sunday on charges of dowry death, police said.
Newly married Shilpi, who lived in Rajouri Garden with her husband Deepak Sapra, consumed acid in Dwarka metro station last night, police said.
She died in a hospital, they said. Her family alleged that she was harassed for dowry.
On the statement of the victim`s brother, a case under sections relating to dowry death was registered, they said.
Deepak, his brother Yogesh and mother Usha were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says