Woman dies in north Delhi, SDM to probe
New Delhi: A 27-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance at her residence in north Delhi`s Timarpur area, police said on Sunday.
The incident happened last night when Payal Sharma, who is married to Ajay Sharma for five years and had recently given birth to a baby girl, was admitted in serious condition by her in-laws to Bara Hindu Rao hospital, they said.
An inquiry by a Sub-Divisional Magistrate is underway into the suicide to ascertain if it was a dowry death, the official said, adding police were also waiting for the statement from family members of the deceased to ascertain if her in-laws forced her to take the extreme step.
The in-laws claims that the woman was depressed over her ill health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them