Woman dies in north Delhi, SDM to probe
New Delhi: A 27-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance at her residence in north Delhi`s Timarpur area, police said on Sunday.
The incident happened last night when Payal Sharma, who is married to Ajay Sharma for five years and had recently given birth to a baby girl, was admitted in serious condition by her in-laws to Bara Hindu Rao hospital, they said.
An inquiry by a Sub-Divisional Magistrate is underway into the suicide to ascertain if it was a dowry death, the official said, adding police were also waiting for the statement from family members of the deceased to ascertain if her in-laws forced her to take the extreme step.
The in-laws claims that the woman was depressed over her ill health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?