Woman dies in north Delhi, SDM to probe
New Delhi: A 27-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance at her residence in north Delhi`s Timarpur area, police said on Sunday.
The incident happened last night when Payal Sharma, who is married to Ajay Sharma for five years and had recently given birth to a baby girl, was admitted in serious condition by her in-laws to Bara Hindu Rao hospital, they said.
An inquiry by a Sub-Divisional Magistrate is underway into the suicide to ascertain if it was a dowry death, the official said, adding police were also waiting for the statement from family members of the deceased to ascertain if her in-laws forced her to take the extreme step.
The in-laws claims that the woman was depressed over her ill health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145