Woman found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: An unidentified woman in her early 20s was found dead here Thursday morning with her face burnt, police said. It is suspected that she was raped before being murdered and defaced.
The woman`s body was recovered from a vacant plot in west Delhi`s Vijay Vihar at around 10 a.m. in half-naked condition.
"The body of the woman was found half-naked. It seems she was killed after being raped and to erase her identity the accused burnt her face," said a police officer.
There were no other external injury marks on the woman`s body, the officer said.
"Her body has been sent for post-mortem to find out the exact cause of death," said the officer. A case has been registered and a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video