Woman found dead still unidentified; police gets query from UK
New Delhi: A woman, whose body was found
stuffed inside a bag and abandoned outside New Delhi Railway
station two days ago, is yet to be identified even as
enquiries poured in, including one from Britain.
A senior police official said they have received
enquiries in person and through telephone from around 40
families regarding the body which was found outside the
railway station on Friday morning.
"We have given wide publicity through newspapers and TV
channels. We even got a telephone call from Britain asking
about details. The family thinks that the body is that of
their girl who went missing," the official said.
Police also received a call from a family in Patna, the
official said adding the photograph they sent did not match
with that of the girl.
"We have received around 40 enquiries. Some of them came
in person while others either called or sent photographs. We
hope to establish the identity of the girl very soon," the
The body of the young woman with injury marks was found
stuffed in a bag at the railway station premises. She also had
a tattoo on her body. The incident came to light at around
7:30 am on Friday when police received a call about an
unattended bag lying in the station premises.
Police rushed to the spot and found the body of the
woman, aged 20-22 years, with her hands tied inside the bag, a
senior police official said. The girl was of fair complexion
and 5 feet 2 inches in height, the official said.
"The girl was murdered somewhere else and her body has
been abandoned here. We are examining CCTV footage to get some
information about those who abandoned the bag there," he said.
Eye-witnesses have told police that they saw a couple
coming to the spot in an autorickshaw and keeping the bag
there. When they left, they did not take the bag.
"Initially, the witnesses thought that they forgot to
take the bag. But after sometime, they saw blood coming out of
the bag and immediately informed police," the official said
adding, they were examining the footages from CCTV installed
in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH