Woman found strangled in Paharganj hotel
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman was strangled allegedly by her husband in a central Delhi hotel Tuesday, police said.
The incident was reported from a hotel in Paharganj.
The victim has been identified as Shazia, a resident of Brahmpuri in north-east Delhi.
Her husband Rashid, who brought her to the hotel and booked a room for them yesterday, is absconding. Rashid had recently divorced her but had entered into a compromise and brought her back.
The incident came to light when hotel staff became suspicious as the room was found locked from inside. Rashid was seen going outside in the morning.
Police was informed and they broke open the room only to find Shazia strangled.
Investigators said they were scanning the CCTV footages of the hotel for clues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'