Woman found strangled in Paharganj hotel
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman was strangled allegedly by her husband in a central Delhi hotel Tuesday, police said.
The incident was reported from a hotel in Paharganj.
The victim has been identified as Shazia, a resident of Brahmpuri in north-east Delhi.
Her husband Rashid, who brought her to the hotel and booked a room for them yesterday, is absconding. Rashid had recently divorced her but had entered into a compromise and brought her back.
The incident came to light when hotel staff became suspicious as the room was found locked from inside. Rashid was seen going outside in the morning.
Police was informed and they broke open the room only to find Shazia strangled.
Investigators said they were scanning the CCTV footages of the hotel for clues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch