Woman from Bengal found murdered in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A 35-year-old woman from West Bengal was Saturday found murdered in her rented accomodation here, police said. Her husband, who is absconding, is suspected to be behind the crime.
The woman was identified as Mansi Mahti, from South 24 Parganas district. She was living in Tigra village in Gurgaon with her husband Paritosh Mahti.
The woman worked as a domestic help and was strangulated to death, a police official said.
The couple were last seen together having dinner Thursday evening by a neighbour. The meal served in one plate was untouched while the second plate was empty, he said.
The parents of the woman have been informed in West Bengal.
The cause of death would be established after a post-mortem examination, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS