Woman from Bengal found murdered in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A 35-year-old woman from West Bengal was Saturday found murdered in her rented accomodation here, police said. Her husband, who is absconding, is suspected to be behind the crime.
The woman was identified as Mansi Mahti, from South 24 Parganas district. She was living in Tigra village in Gurgaon with her husband Paritosh Mahti.
The woman worked as a domestic help and was strangulated to death, a police official said.
The couple were last seen together having dinner Thursday evening by a neighbour. The meal served in one plate was untouched while the second plate was empty, he said.
The parents of the woman have been informed in West Bengal.
The cause of death would be established after a post-mortem examination, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi