Woman from Bengal found murdered in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A 35-year-old woman from West Bengal was Saturday found murdered in her rented accomodation here, police said. Her husband, who is absconding, is suspected to be behind the crime.
The woman was identified as Mansi Mahti, from South 24 Parganas district. She was living in Tigra village in Gurgaon with her husband Paritosh Mahti.
The woman worked as a domestic help and was strangulated to death, a police official said.
The couple were last seen together having dinner Thursday evening by a neighbour. The meal served in one plate was untouched while the second plate was empty, he said.
The parents of the woman have been informed in West Bengal.
The cause of death would be established after a post-mortem examination, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'