Woman gang-raped by husband, two others in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old woman was gang-raped in a moving car by her husband and his two relatives here, police said Thursday. All attackers have been arrested.
The incident came to light late Wednesday evening when the woman was found in an unconscious condition in west Delhi`s Najafgarh area by a passerby, who informed police.
The victim told police that she was gang-raped by her husband Inderjeet and his two relatives Nitin and Vijender -- all in the age group of 21 and 25 -- in a moving car.
The woman told police that she was gang-raped after she consumed a cold drink offered by her husband and got unconscious.
The woman, a resident of Haryana`s Jhajjar district, married Inderjeet at a temple in March without informing their parents, police said.
"The victim`s medical examination was conducted at a hospital where doctors confirmed that she was gang-raped," said a police officer.
A case was registered Thursday based on the woman`s statement and her attackers were arrested from their hideouts in west Delhi`s Bakkarwala village.
"She was called by Inderjeet to meet him here Wednesday to register their marriage through court. After arriving in Delhi, the woman was taken by Inderjeet in a car in which Nitin and Vijender were already sitting," said the officer, citing from the women`s statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border