Woman gang-raped in Delhi, four attackers arrested
New Delhi: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four people, including one known to her, in west Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar, police said Thursday. All her attackers have been arrested.
The incident came to light Wednesday night when a Police Control Room (PCR) van tried to flag down a car which had tinted glasses, in north Delhi`s Burari area.
The car sped away, was chased and overtaken, and all the accused were arrested, said a police officer. The victim was then rescued.
The woman told police that first she was gang-raped in west Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar and later was assaulted again in the moving car.
"The victim, who knows one of the accused, had gone to meet him in Swaroop Nagar Wednesday night. The accused was present with his three other friends, who took her to a nearby Uttarakhand Colony and gang-raped her," said the officer.
"After committing the crime the accused bundled the victim into a car and were heading towards Burari," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back