Woman gang-raped in Delhi, four attackers arrested
New Delhi: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by four people, including one known to her, in west Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar, police said Thursday. All her attackers have been arrested.
The incident came to light Wednesday night when a Police Control Room (PCR) van tried to flag down a car which had tinted glasses, in north Delhi`s Burari area.
The car sped away, was chased and overtaken, and all the accused were arrested, said a police officer. The victim was then rescued.
The woman told police that first she was gang-raped in west Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar and later was assaulted again in the moving car.
"The victim, who knows one of the accused, had gone to meet him in Swaroop Nagar Wednesday night. The accused was present with his three other friends, who took her to a nearby Uttarakhand Colony and gang-raped her," said the officer.
"After committing the crime the accused bundled the victim into a car and were heading towards Burari," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh