Woman gang raped in Delhi, two arrested
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman was allegedly gang raped by two men in Mandir Marg area of the high-security New Delhi district, police said today.
Two persons, identified as Brijmohan and Golu, have been arrested while the third accused was still at large, they said.
The woman, a resident of West Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar area, had come to RML hospital last evening along with a relative for his check up.
They were walking through Ridge Road on their way to home. The woman asked her relative to stop at one point answer nature`s call.
"In the meantime, three men reached the spot. They allegedly threatened and
overpowered the two. While two of them took the woman in the bush on the roadside and raped her, the third kept a tab on her relative. They then robbed the duo and fled from the spot," said a police official.
The victim`s relative then made a call to PCR at 11:30 PM after which a police team rushed to the spot.
She was taken for medical examination which confirmed rape, police said.
A case of gang rape and robbery has been registered at Mandir Marg police station and two accused have been arrested while efforts were on to nab the third, they said.
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail