Woman gang raped in Delhi, two arrested
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman was allegedly gang raped by two men in Mandir Marg area of the high-security New Delhi district, police said today.
Two persons, identified as Brijmohan and Golu, have been arrested while the third accused was still at large, they said.
The woman, a resident of West Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar area, had come to RML hospital last evening along with a relative for his check up.
They were walking through Ridge Road on their way to home. The woman asked her relative to stop at one point answer nature`s call.
"In the meantime, three men reached the spot. They allegedly threatened and
overpowered the two. While two of them took the woman in the bush on the roadside and raped her, the third kept a tab on her relative. They then robbed the duo and fled from the spot," said a police official.
The victim`s relative then made a call to PCR at 11:30 PM after which a police team rushed to the spot.
She was taken for medical examination which confirmed rape, police said.
A case of gang rape and robbery has been registered at Mandir Marg police station and two accused have been arrested while efforts were on to nab the third, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi