Woman gets life term for murdering husband
New Delhi: A 45-year-old woman has been awarded life imprisonment by a Delhi court for beating and strangulating her husband as he was against her illicit relationship with another person.
The court awarded life term to Guddi for murdering her husband Ram Chander, who was running an Ayurvedic dispensary, however, acquitted her paramour Bijender Singh of the charges.
"The murder of Ram Chander had been committed without any instigation from his side only because she (Guddi) wanted her husband out of her way as she was having illicit relations with Bijender Singh and Ram Chander and his brother had come to know of it and often objected to the same," Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau said.
The court said the case does not falls under the rarest of rare category and apart from the jail term, it imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on Guddi, a resident of Village Qutub Garh here.
Guddi is lodged in jail for past six years.
The court, in its 139-page judgement, noted that Guddi had murdered her husband by "due planning in a brutal manner i.e. First by giving brick blows on his head, thereafter manually strangulated and then in order to destroy all evidence of her crime, she buried his body in her newly purchased plot".
According to the prosecution, on the morning of July 1, 2007, Guddi and Bijender had abducted Ram Chander and took him to a plot where they murdered him.
The accused had beaten the victim, who was under the influence of alcohol, with bricks and later on strangulated him, it said. The police said to destroy the evidence the accused had buried his body in the plot.
Guddi had sought leniency saying she was not involved in any other case and there was no one to look after her two sons and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video