Woman gives birth in train compartment
New Delhi: A 24-year-old woman gave birth inside a train compartment here Sunday, just before deboarding at a Delhi railway station, rail officials said.
Janaki Devi was travelling with her husband and other relatives from Bihar to Delhi in the Sapt Kranti Express. They boarded the train at Muzaffarpur Saturday evening.
As the train entered the outskirts of Anand Vihar Railway station early Sunday, the woman complained of labour pains to her husband. The relatives, assisted by the other passengers, helped the mother give birth.
The railway officials helped the mother and the newborn reach Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital in east Delhi.
Doctors at the hospital said the mother and the baby were doing well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing