Woman gives birth in train compartment
New Delhi: A 24-year-old woman gave birth inside a train compartment here Sunday, just before deboarding at a Delhi railway station, rail officials said.
Janaki Devi was travelling with her husband and other relatives from Bihar to Delhi in the Sapt Kranti Express. They boarded the train at Muzaffarpur Saturday evening.
As the train entered the outskirts of Anand Vihar Railway station early Sunday, the woman complained of labour pains to her husband. The relatives, assisted by the other passengers, helped the mother give birth.
The railway officials helped the mother and the newborn reach Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital in east Delhi.
Doctors at the hospital said the mother and the baby were doing well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof