Woman gives birth in train compartment
New Delhi: A 24-year-old woman gave birth inside a train compartment here Sunday, just before deboarding at a Delhi railway station, rail officials said.
Janaki Devi was travelling with her husband and other relatives from Bihar to Delhi in the Sapt Kranti Express. They boarded the train at Muzaffarpur Saturday evening.
As the train entered the outskirts of Anand Vihar Railway station early Sunday, the woman complained of labour pains to her husband. The relatives, assisted by the other passengers, helped the mother give birth.
The railway officials helped the mother and the newborn reach Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital in east Delhi.
Doctors at the hospital said the mother and the baby were doing well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda