Woman, granddaughter crushed to death by DTC bus
New Delhi: A 56-year-old woman and her
13-year-old granddaughter were killed on Sunday when a state-run
bus which was being driven by a drunken man hit them from behind
here, police said.
The incident took place in Kamla Market and the deceased
have been identified as Krishna and her granddaughter Ailish.
They were on their way from their Paharganj home to
Krishna`s paternal house in Kamla market when the incident
"The DTC bus was plying between Trilokpuri and Kamla
Market. They were rushed to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital
where they were declared brought dead," a senior police
The driver Amar, who was allegedly under the influence of
alcohol, was arrested.
Locals staged a protest against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing