Woman, granddaughter crushed to death by DTC bus
New Delhi: A 56-year-old woman and her
13-year-old granddaughter were killed on Sunday when a state-run
bus which was being driven by a drunken man hit them from behind
here, police said.
The incident took place in Kamla Market and the deceased
have been identified as Krishna and her granddaughter Ailish.
They were on their way from their Paharganj home to
Krishna`s paternal house in Kamla market when the incident
"The DTC bus was plying between Trilokpuri and Kamla
Market. They were rushed to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital
where they were declared brought dead," a senior police
The driver Amar, who was allegedly under the influence of
alcohol, was arrested.
Locals staged a protest against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi