Woman, granddaughter crushed to death by DTC bus
New Delhi: A 56-year-old woman and her
13-year-old granddaughter were killed on Sunday when a state-run
bus which was being driven by a drunken man hit them from behind
here, police said.
The incident took place in Kamla Market and the deceased
have been identified as Krishna and her granddaughter Ailish.
They were on their way from their Paharganj home to
Krishna`s paternal house in Kamla market when the incident
"The DTC bus was plying between Trilokpuri and Kamla
Market. They were rushed to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash hospital
where they were declared brought dead," a senior police
The driver Amar, who was allegedly under the influence of
alcohol, was arrested.
Locals staged a protest against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love