Woman hit with bottle for not giving phone number
New Delhi: A 26-year-old woman was injured after being hit on the face with a glass bottle by three men after she refused to give them her phone number, police said Monday. One of the assailants has been arrested.
The incident happened at Mayur Vihar area in east Delhi Sunday evening, when the woman, who works as a computer teacher in a private school, had gone to the market to buy a recharge coupon for her mobile phone.
"While she was returning to her home, three men standing on a roadside blocked her way and asked her contact number. When she did not pay heed to them, one of them caught hold of her hand and the other smashed a glass bottle on her face and the three then fled from the scene," said a police officer.
The woman somehow managed to inform her family members and was taken to a nearby hospital. She was discharged after treatment.
Police said they have arrested Salman, who lives in the neighbourhood.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader