Woman jumps in front of Metro, injured
New Delhi: A 28-year-old married woman, stated to be mentally disturbed, was critically injured after she jumped in front of a moving Metro train here Thursday, police said.
The train driver applied the brakes on time and saved her life, said Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway).
The incident occurred at Welcome Metro Station in east Delhi around 12.10 p.m.
The woman was taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital with grievous injuries on her legs, Bhtia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend
- AAP-Sheila Dikshit trying to suppress Rs 400 crore water tanker scam: BJP