Woman jumps in front of Metro, injured
New Delhi: A 28-year-old married woman, stated to be mentally disturbed, was critically injured after she jumped in front of a moving Metro train here Thursday, police said.
The train driver applied the brakes on time and saved her life, said Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway).
The incident occurred at Welcome Metro Station in east Delhi around 12.10 p.m.
The woman was taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital with grievous injuries on her legs, Bhtia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'