Woman jumps in front of Metro, injured
New Delhi: A 28-year-old married woman, stated to be mentally disturbed, was critically injured after she jumped in front of a moving Metro train here Thursday, police said.
The train driver applied the brakes on time and saved her life, said Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway).
The incident occurred at Welcome Metro Station in east Delhi around 12.10 p.m.
The woman was taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital with grievous injuries on her legs, Bhtia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet