Woman jumps in front of Metro, injured
New Delhi: A 28-year-old married woman, stated to be mentally disturbed, was critically injured after she jumped in front of a moving Metro train here Thursday, police said.
The train driver applied the brakes on time and saved her life, said Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway).
The incident occurred at Welcome Metro Station in east Delhi around 12.10 p.m.
The woman was taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital with grievous injuries on her legs, Bhtia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar