Woman jumps in front of Metro, injured
New Delhi: A 28-year-old married woman, stated to be mentally disturbed, was critically injured after she jumped in front of a moving Metro train here Thursday, police said.
The train driver applied the brakes on time and saved her life, said Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railway).
The incident occurred at Welcome Metro Station in east Delhi around 12.10 p.m.
The woman was taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital with grievous injuries on her legs, Bhtia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkish military promotes 99 colonels in shake-up, top brass little changed
- Bank strike hits operations; branches open full day tomorrow
- Here's how Harbhajan Singh's cricket buddies wished him on becoming a father
- India should double coverage of HBV vaccine at birth: WHO
- Swathi murder case: Chennai Police gets one-day custody of Ramkumar to recreate crime scene