Woman killed in Delhi Metro station shootout
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman was killed Tuesday and her father critically injured after her husband allegedly shot at them in the Karkardooma Metro station in east Delhi.
A Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) official said the two persons were shot in the afternoon while they were on an escalator close to the entrance of the Karkardooma metro station in East Delhi.
The two were admitted to a nearby hospital where the woman succumbed to her injuries.
Victim’s father is said to be out of danger.
Delhi Police has claimed that there was no security breach for the assailants shot at the men from outside and did not carry the weapons inside the metro station.
This is the second shooting incident to have taken place in the national capital today. Former Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Deepak Bharadwaj was shot dead by unidentified gunmen at his farmhouse in Rajokri area of South Delhi this morning.
Further details into the incident are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah