Woman lawyer accuses senior advocate of sexual harassment, sending obscene mails
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after a law intern alleged sexual harassment by a senior Supreme Court judge, a woman lawyer has now made similar allegations against a senior advocate.
Reports on Tuesday said that she was sexually harassed by the senior lawyer, who is old enough to be her father and advances from him were very obsessive and sexual.
The woman lawyer further alleged that the senior advocate used to call her at inappropriate times and often sent her sexually explicit emails and messages.
Interestingly, she has also revealed this in the same blog where two law interns had alleged sexual harassment against a retired Supreme Court judge.
The woman claimed that such incidents are common in legal fraternity and said she was divided against taking action when she was being harassed.
"I did not complaint and nor do I intend to as I thought it would affect my profession. I have written the blog to bring up the larger issue," she was quoted as saying.
The fresh cases of sexual harassment by senior judges and advocates have come as a blot to the reputation of the country`s highest court and are a setback to present CJI P Sathasivam`s effort to improve its image.
On Monday, a law intern, who had made sexual harassment charges against a Supreme Court judge, now retired, appeared before the three-member probe panel, which is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi