Woman lawyer accuses senior advocate of sexual harassment, sending obscene mails
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after a law intern alleged sexual harassment by a senior Supreme Court judge, a woman lawyer has now made similar allegations against a senior advocate.
Reports on Tuesday said that she was sexually harassed by the senior lawyer, who is old enough to be her father and advances from him were very obsessive and sexual.
The woman lawyer further alleged that the senior advocate used to call her at inappropriate times and often sent her sexually explicit emails and messages.
Interestingly, she has also revealed this in the same blog where two law interns had alleged sexual harassment against a retired Supreme Court judge.
The woman claimed that such incidents are common in legal fraternity and said she was divided against taking action when she was being harassed.
"I did not complaint and nor do I intend to as I thought it would affect my profession. I have written the blog to bring up the larger issue," she was quoted as saying.
The fresh cases of sexual harassment by senior judges and advocates have come as a blot to the reputation of the country`s highest court and are a setback to present CJI P Sathasivam`s effort to improve its image.
On Monday, a law intern, who had made sexual harassment charges against a Supreme Court judge, now retired, appeared before the three-member probe panel, which is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 'Indian economy stands out amongst emerging markets'
- Indian Cricket Coach Selection: Ravi Shastri 'done' with Indian cricket team, wants to move on
- Chancellor Angela Merkel tells Britain no 'cherry-picking' in Brexit talks
- Shiv Sena questions Modi over his black money promise
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra