Woman missing from Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: A 24-year-old newly married woman went missing from the highly congested Chandni Chowk Metro Station here, police said.
"The incident was reported on Sunday evening from Chandni Chowk Metro Station in central Delhi. The woman, who was with her husband, told him she was going to recharge her Metro card," said a senior police officer.
When she did not return, her husband informed the Metro staff. Calls to her mobile phone went unanswered.
"They had to board a bus for Ambala in Haryana from Kashmiri Gate bus terminus," officer said.
A case has been registered at Kashmiri Gate Metro police station. Police are examining CCTV footage of the Metro station for clues, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users