Woman missing from Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: A 24-year-old newly married woman went missing from the highly congested Chandni Chowk Metro Station here, police said.
"The incident was reported on Sunday evening from Chandni Chowk Metro Station in central Delhi. The woman, who was with her husband, told him she was going to recharge her Metro card," said a senior police officer.
When she did not return, her husband informed the Metro staff. Calls to her mobile phone went unanswered.
"They had to board a bus for Ambala in Haryana from Kashmiri Gate bus terminus," officer said.
A case has been registered at Kashmiri Gate Metro police station. Police are examining CCTV footage of the Metro station for clues, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'