Woman, paramour arrested for killing a man
New Delhi: A woman and her paramour have been arrested for allegedly killing her husband in Sarai Rohilla area of North Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The accused, identified as 31-year-old Neetu Singh and her paramour 24-year-old Vijay Singh were arrested yesterday after it was revealed in an investigation that the duo had killed Raghvender Singh (48) last month to continue with their illicit
relationship, they said.
Singh`s body was recovered on June 9, 2014 near Zakhira railway crossing in Sarai Rohilla area of North Delhi.
Neetu Singh was the third wife of the deceased whom he had married 16 year ago. Raghvender, worked at a private press at Anand Parbat area.
He had learnt about his wife`s alleged illicit relationship with Vijay a few months ago before his murder.
"As Raghvender had become a hurdle in their relationship and he had been maligning Neetu and Vijay among neighbours, both of them decided to get rid of him," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Madhur Verma.
"As per plan, on the intervening night of July 8-9, Vijay offered liquor to the victim and when he became heavily drunk, he killed with broken beer bottles. After the murder both the accused dumped victim`s body in the bushes near railway crossing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test