Woman, paramour get life term for murdering hubby
New Delhi: A woman along with her paramour has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for stabbing her husband to death for opposing their "illicit relation."
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Sanjeev Kumar sentenced 37-year-old Rekha and his 22-year-old lover Naveen Dabas, her children`s private tutor, for killing her husband Vinod last year by stabbing him repeatedly.
The court, in its 141-page judgement, held Rekha and Naveen guilty of murdering the man and destroying evidence of their crime and said the duo had broken the victim`s trust.
"Convict Naveen was working as teacher of children of Rekha and deceased Vinod and they had developed intimacy and conspired to kill the victim to remove him from their way.
"Thus both Rekha and Naveen had broken the trust of Vinod and the untimely death of the deceased has taken away shelter, love and affection from his children," the court said.
According to the prosecution, Rohini resident Rekha had an illicit relation with Naveen who used to come to her house to give tuitions to her three children.
When her husband Vinod came to know about their relationship, he opposed it and often scolded and even beat her up for it.
It said fed up with her husband`s objection to her intimacy with Naveen, she colluded with him and his friend Mandeep and took Vinod to a park near her house, where the trio stabbed him to death.
After stabbing Vinod, they threw their knives and Rekha`s mobile phone in a gutter to destroy evidence of their crime.
The court, however, acquitted Mandeep of the charges of conspiring and murdering Vinod. It also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 and Rs 7,000 on Naveen and Rekha respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31