Woman, paramour get life term for murdering hubby
New Delhi: A woman along with her paramour has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for stabbing her husband to death for opposing their "illicit relation."
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Sanjeev Kumar sentenced 37-year-old Rekha and his 22-year-old lover Naveen Dabas, her children`s private tutor, for killing her husband Vinod last year by stabbing him repeatedly.
The court, in its 141-page judgement, held Rekha and Naveen guilty of murdering the man and destroying evidence of their crime and said the duo had broken the victim`s trust.
"Convict Naveen was working as teacher of children of Rekha and deceased Vinod and they had developed intimacy and conspired to kill the victim to remove him from their way.
"Thus both Rekha and Naveen had broken the trust of Vinod and the untimely death of the deceased has taken away shelter, love and affection from his children," the court said.
According to the prosecution, Rohini resident Rekha had an illicit relation with Naveen who used to come to her house to give tuitions to her three children.
When her husband Vinod came to know about their relationship, he opposed it and often scolded and even beat her up for it.
It said fed up with her husband`s objection to her intimacy with Naveen, she colluded with him and his friend Mandeep and took Vinod to a park near her house, where the trio stabbed him to death.
After stabbing Vinod, they threw their knives and Rekha`s mobile phone in a gutter to destroy evidence of their crime.
The court, however, acquitted Mandeep of the charges of conspiring and murdering Vinod. It also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 and Rs 7,000 on Naveen and Rekha respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference